Wednesday, November 01, 2006

acceptance

Much as I'd like to say that my mom is understanding, caring and thoughtful, she isn't. Much as I'd like to tell the world that she cares about how I feel, she doesn't. Much as I'd like to proclaim to the world I love my mother a hundred percent, I don't. Of course I do love her, but I can only love so much when insults are hurled at me almost every single day in such mocking tones.

Yes mother. I may be the most useless girl on Earth to you. I may not be the smart child you've always craved for. I may not be the RGS girl my cousin is. I may not be talented in every area.

but you know what? I'm a child of God. Everyone is. and He made us all to be special in our own ways. So what if we may not excel in every area? We don't have to. Besides- the glass is half full, not half empty.

Maybe church is bullshit to you, Mother, but it isn't to me. It's the best place I've ever been to in my entire life, and I thank those who brought me to Him. Such salvation! you may not believe in Him, but He loves you all the same. Remember that, because our God is such a selfless, loving one.

Perhaps to you, Mother, my friends are nothing. Yet how can you judge so? You don't even know them, and if you don't, how can you even start generalising? and one thing's for sure - only God is worthy of judging, no one else. That, I've learnt. Yeah you think its all high talk, Mother, but it isn't, it's a fact. and church isn't bullshit.
-

It's scary to love someone because when you love, you allow people to reach the innermost core of your heart, where you're most vulnerable. and when that happens, their insults and mockings pierce you like a thousand needles. They grind your heart into dust, into nothing. It's a pain so intense that it climaxes into a dull ache. Like you've become so nonchalant about it, because the pain just won't go away.

My mom is one such example.


we'll see broken hearts making history. <3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home